About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

'By the Sea'

The bathroom above by Harry Heissmann was inspired by sea shells. Hear him describe it below.


Source: Kohler

I have often found rooms inspired by the sea or use shells as accents. Most are beach houses but I myself have used shell or coral inspired pieces as accessories for homes not close to water. I think there is something quite soothing about the sea that draws people in. I and others have wanted to create that environment. It drew designer Mark Cutler in...

Source: Point, Click, Home

Mark does not use typical sea inspired colors but the accessories used relates the room to the sea. And why not?!! There are so many furnishings out there to use to create a beach-like atmosphere whether one is near water or not. It may be a subtle nod toward the sea or a copious use of the theme. Look at these furnishings and let your imagination fly.....

Lighting


Source: Worlds Away

Mirrors


Source: Beach Grass Cottage

Art


Source: The Julie Anne Collection by The James Company

Rugs


Source: Capel Rugs

Accessories


Source: Global Views

Fabric


Source: Robert Allen

So if a touch will do for you, then subtle...




If it's the cat's meow for you, then copious...

Source (last three photos): Country Living

I could design a room just from the furnishings in this post!

What's your preference ~ subtle or copious?

Don't forget to enter the art glass ornament giveaway ~ see yesterday's post!

3 comments:

  1. I prefer subtle touches during the summer months, like a silver shell on a coffee table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Subtle, I find that requires more creativity. The bathroom image is stunning, very dramatic. Janell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved shells and will use them copiously or subtley....any way I can!

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin